With more than 4 million procedures performed around the globe, Coolsculpting has come up as one of the most effective non-invasive technique for fat reduction. This ground-breaking fat-freezing technology allows you to get rid of those extra layers from problem areas like thighs, waist, arms or abdomen.
In this article we are going to take a look at what exactly happens during a Coolsculpting procedure.
• Once you have made your appointment with a Coolsculpting specialist, the first thing you need to do is sit with your physician and select the areas you want to treat.
• After a thorough review of the treatment area, your physician would place a protective gel pad on the skin surface.
• Then the Coolsculpting applicator would be used deliver controlled cooling so as to kill the extra fat underneath the surface of your skin.
• The fat cells of the treatment area would be completely crystallized before they are eliminated for good.
• With time your body would naturally remove the dead fat cells giving you a slimmer and more sculpted appearance.
What happens to the fat?
The application of controlled cooling targets the fat cells and destroys them without affecting the skin. In the weeks following the treatment the dead fat cells are removed by natural body processes.
This no-downtime fat reduction treatment would allow you to resume your daily activity immediately after the session. During the treatment process you can read a book, take a nap or text your friends since there is no pain involved.
Is Coolsculpting right for every overweight individual?
The ideal candidates for Coolsculpting are individuals who workout, follow a balanced diet and do not exceed 20 lbs. of their ideal weight. You need to keep in mind that this procedure is not an answer to obesity- it is rather used for treating the fat prone areas of the body like flabby arms, fat thighs, back rolls or love handles.
How many sessions do I need?
The number of sessions you’d require would depend on which areas you want to treat. If you are just looking forward to reducing your flabby arms then just one or two session is enough. On the other hand if you want to treat a number of problem areas then you need to go for consecutive sessions. In some clinics where there are multiple Coolsculpting systems, you can treat more than one body area at the same time.