The global fitness industry features multiple types of workout routines and exercises that are used by many people to achieve their fitness goals, for eg., dance fitness, pilates, strength training, HIIT, cardio, etc. While all these types of workouts target your body in different ways, they all have the common purpose of promoting a healthier lifestyle. One of the most popular additions to the fitness workout books worldwide is yoga. The practice of yoga for beginners at home is the easiest way to blend this into your daily routine.
Yoga, an ancient disciplinary practice that consists of a combination of breathing exercises with complex physical poses. Consequently, it benefits physical as well as mental health in many different ways. Yoga for beginners at home can be incorporated into a part of your schedule quite easily and the advantages are countless. Nevertheless putting reasons to start practising yoga at home into perspective, here are 5 of the main ones:
- Improves Heart Health: The heart is at the centre of all bodily functions so it’s important to take good care of it. Yoga’s physical poses combined with the breathing exercises increase oxygen levels in the body. Along with this, it encourages the heart to pump out fresh, oxygenated blood, in turn increasing fresh blood supply to all organs. This keeps your heart healthy, controls hypertension and can also decrease risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Keeps Joints Healthy: Joint and muscle pain can become one of the biggest problems as you grow older. Yoga keeps your joints healthy and regularly stretches them out, relieving muscle knots and tension. They keep your muscles engaged, which is extremely essential in keeping them healthy.
- Great Stress Buster: Yoga has been scientifically proven to have positive effects on mood and energy. It helps control the production of stress hormones like cortisol and boost production of happy chemicals like dopamine. This, in turn, helps a great deal with anxiety, depression, improves overall mood, betters sleep quality, etc.
- Boosts Digestive System: The digestive organs are one of the main targets in many of the different yoga asanas. They put your digestive system under strain, encouraging it to function smoothly. It helps release bottled gas and regulate bowel movements, both essential to burn calories and lose weight.
- Increases Flexibility: The different yoga poses require you to mould your body into considerably tricky poses. These might be difficult as a beginner but as you progress, your muscles get looser and more flexible, helping you feel much lighter. Muscle tension can sometimes cause a negative effect that is difficult to detect until it’s lifted and yoga helps you with it. It keeps your body and muscles as young as ever.
Countless scientific researches have been performed to prove the usefulness of yoga and it has always been proved effective. Get started with professionally guided yoga for beginners at home packs from cult.fit. This pack has been curated by experts, sorted to cater to all your needs and will be the perfect guide on your yoga journey. Check it out!